Al Shaheed Park

Spent a lovely couple of hours at Al Shaheed Park in the City.

A completely man made oasis of lakes, ponds, greenery and dancing fountains! Actually built on a platform above its own car park- you can actually see through some of the ponds and waterfalls to the cars below which is a little odd. Nevertheless a lovely evening walk with lots to see and do, especially as the evening darkens and all the surrounding towers start to flicker and dance with light.
Lots of very nice cafés and restaurants, with a couple of museums thrown in for good measure along with a 'Circle of Peace' and various monuments and an aviary.

My evening finished off with the incredible dancing fountains, I caught a glimpse, walked over, got myself in position ready to film....just as it finished!!! What I saw was wonderful though, at least I have an excuse to go back.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Lot of Walking (and some running!)

The Friday Market