The First Step...

So, arrived in Kuwait Thursday evening, after an age waiting for bags and sorting out a SIM card and cheap phone at the airport finally got to my apartment and got some sleep.
Spent all day yesterday exploring the local area, setting up my apartment, making lists, buying stuff, forgetting to buy stuff, going back out and buying more stuff!
The heat now makes me laugh because it's so insane! At the moment I'm going out for short wanders, coming back to the apartment within about an hour to shower and change into clothes that aren't soaked with sweat!!!
Good news is I'm a 3 minute walk from the school, and within less than 10 minutes walk I can get to 3 different supermarkets and 2 shopping malls. Oh and a KFC, Starbucks, Pizza Hut and Burger King! But with incredible local, traditional cuisine ridiculously cheap I shan't be hitting any western chains just yet!

There are also Bakalas everywhere that tend to sell most of the day to day stuff and some of them do amazing takeaway food too. There's one either side of my apartment block- one sells Indian, Arabic and Chinese food, and yes I did indulge yesterday, and yes it was beautiful and only cost 1.6 KD (about £3).

Have a couple more days before school starts, so today I'll be heading over to The Avenues (Biggest mall out here- possibly biggest in Middle East- but don't quote me!), then I'm off to find a gym to join that has a private beach. I might even do a spot of sunbathing!

And really must find out what my address is!!!




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Big Day Tomorrow

A Lot of Walking (and some running!)