The Big Day Tomorrow

So school starts tomorrow, for teachers at least. Well actually school started for teachers on the 29th of August but I was still in Menorca then! Most of the rest of the staff have fulfilled two induction days on the 29th and 30th, then there were a few days holiday and a weekend and so the induction resumes tomorrow for a further 3 days. Then we have another weekend- Friday and Saturday out here. Then the children start coming back on Sunday 10th!
Did you follow that?

Anyway, popped into the school today to see some of the teachers and put a few things in my office.

Then it hit me!

I was handed an 'Expat Guide' and that's when it hit me. Until now I suppose it's just felt like a break, my apartment has been my hotel room. But now it's sunk in that this is where I live, this is where I work.
However, I am so excited to get stuck in tomorrow and to really get to know all the staff and get ready to meet the students and parents next week.

Oh and I went for a 4k run late this afternoon (clearly not late enough though as it was still 40-odd degrees!)

Note to self- run in winter or very late at night!


Comments

  1. Good luck my darling. You'll smash it tomorrow! Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Big Day Tomorrow

A Lot of Walking (and some running!)