A Lot of Walking (and some running!)

It's been another week full of parent's evenings so I've been very quiet again.
Made up for it this weekend though, spent most of Friday walking the length and breadth of North Kuwait, then today did a 5k run to the beach, swam, sunbathed then walked back.

Over the course of the last couple of days I've seen lots of wonderful things and buildings that I've shared below. I've also found some more great little coffee houses and restaurants.

So I started yesterday walking to Al Shaheed Park, I've shared some photos from the evening there a couple of weeks ago, but during the day it is equally both stunning and tranquil. En route there I got some photos from the car park of the Al Othman Museum, where they have a few tanks and jets parked (as you do!), remnants from the 1990 invasion. I also found miniature models of Old Kuwait and New Kuwait in the park- missed them last time.

I then walked to the very north coast of Kuwait City where looking out to sea you can see the huge bridge that is being built to join the city with a northern part of the country which is just desert and is where they are building a brand new city (which will feature a 1001m tall skyscraper- which will be the tallest in the world).
Then walked round to the eye-catching Kuwait Towers, which are actually water towers but do have a restaurant halfway up. From there, looking across the bay you can see the city of Salmia.

Oh and I finished off the day with a Beatles sing along event, which was a bit 'am-dram' but very good nonetheless and we sang our hearts out!



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Friday Market