First week nearly down.

Well nearly at the end of the first week and I'm exhausted. I can honestly say that I've never had such an eventful first week in a job, so many things sent to test my mettle but I'm still smiling and loving every minute.
The staff are wonderful, children a delight and parents generally very supportive.
I've learnt a great deal very quickly about life in the private sector in the Middle East, and there are things I'm already beginning to take in my stride rather than react to as I already understand that I would most likely be wasting energy.
Trying to go out for a stroll most evenings to familiarise myself with the locale along with having some thinking time, general exercise and acclimatising myself (it's still around 42 degrees at 8pm)

Most nights I discover something interesting and tonight was no exception- I found a labyrinth of designer clothes and shoe shops called Kit Kat, kind of a modern day Souk. Shop/stall upon shop of Ralph Lauren, Hollister, Tommy Hilfiger, Superdry, Lacoste, Jack Wills, Nike, Adidas, Converse, Gucci etc etc.

All a little too reasonably priced for me to believe the authenticity of the brands, but very convincing nonetheless!

What struck me was the mannequins in every shop window, the arrangement was generally the same and they certainly cater for all sizes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big Day Tomorrow

A Lot of Walking (and some running!)

They Think It's All Over!